Friday, September 17, 2010

WHODUNIT?

So, I just received my OCAD 'Whodunit?' care package in the mail today. I'm super excited. This is the first year that I'll be participating in the fundraising event. Basically, the idea is that students, faculty and alumni produce two pieces of work that are then auditioned off, silently, to the highest bidder. With all proceeds going to the University. It's a great opportunity for buyers and art aficionados to snatch up some great pieces for cheap. Last year the 3 day auction brought in $170,000. Not too shabby. Artist who participate also are allegeable for a $75.00 tax receipt when their pieces are sold.


Deadline for submission is October 15th.
The 'Whodunit?' event is slotted to happen November 17th-20th.

I'll be working on my submissions this weekend. I'll post them when they're done.

here is a link where you can request your own 'Whodunit?' package.
http://www.ocad.ca/export/about_ocad/support_ocad/special_events/whodunit.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment